<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, April 16, 2004

So I downloaded the new version after giving up Tourist/Healer/Wizard for 3.2. Took me seven tries to win. I've said it many times, Vals are too easy.

Here are some quick thoughts:
I like the Sokoban, but wouldn't have been able to solve it if Brian hadn't told me about Scrolls of Earth.

Seems like it is much harder to get wraith corpses in the new version.


Haven't tried out the magic system, which is much different from the old version.

Had a really close call on the Elemental Plane of Air. An Archon gated in a bunch of monsters when I was blind. One of them was a green slime, and I got slimed. I'm slowly turning into slime, and don't know what to do (this is how Brian lost his best game). But one of the
other monsters that got gated in was a Steam Vortex, which sets you on fire. I got all of my slime burned off me in that attack. So I guess the moral of the story is to keep a wand of fire for yourself in case of sliming.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?