<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Nethack is giving me another chance. After killing my last priest with reckless stupidity I started up another priest. On level two he found a wand and tested it. Holy Fuck, a wand of wishing. OK, first with is always for blessed scrolls of charging so that you can get more wishes out of the wand. OK, then some grey dragon scale mail, and speed boots. Recharge wand. OK, how about Mjollnir, seeing as I don't know when I'll find an altar. Put the wand away and wait until later.

With the armor, going down to the shop level is a breeze. No magic lamps, so go up to the Sokoban. Recover the bag of holding. OK, what's next? I guess I should go to the bottom of the mines and get the luckstone. After that I can think about sorting out the remaining two wishes in the wand. Spellbooks of ID or Magic Mapping? Blessed figurine of an archon? Wand of polymorph? We'll see.

This time I'm going to the castle before the quest. :)

OK, I went down to the bottom of the mines and got the luckstone. Next step was to wish for a spellbook of ID. Damn, these are useful. It allowed me to sort out all of my crap, and discover that I have two really neat other spellbooks - remove curse and magic missile. Looks like it is time for me to work on being a spellcaster. OK, bide my time, get strong, do the castle, and this time around be a little more careful when it comes to the quest enemy!

Did the castle and the first level of Hell and got to exp level 20. Did potion mixing and got my hitpoints up to around 250. Read a bunch of enchant armor and got the AC to around -30. Mjollnir is enchanted to +4, probably could be better. I have teleport and teleport control. And a ring of conflict and a spellbook of magic mapping. I think it is time to do the quest...

Took care of the quest. On my way though Hell. And I found an interesting way to die. Orcus has a wand of death, but if you have grey dragon scale mail you don't have to worry. Unless a Succubus strips off your armor right before Orcus zaps you. Worse yet, zaps you in a small space, so that the 1st hit takes out your amulet of life savings and the bounce kills you dead... Damn.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?