<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, May 20, 2006

I'm working on two games right now. In one I'm playing a Valkyrie with the restriction that I'll never wish, genocide or polymorph and object. More or less those three things help to make the game easier, and I think that after almost 25 years I ought to be able to win without those crutches. Right now I'm level 13 with Excaliber and nearly 200 hitpoints. No wishing means that I'm going to have to get my cool armor the hard way. I did get a bag of holding from the Sokoban, so we'll see what we can do.

The other game is an atheist priest. Yeah, I know, that makes no sense, but since priest auto-identy cursed and blessed items, and since they start off with holy water, they can make it through the game without using an altar (well, until the very end at least). Of course, this also means no praying, which will be tough. Also, it means that I'll have to wish for Mjollnir. That's fine since I found a wand of wishing (cha-ching!). Hello Grey Dragon Scale Mail, speed boots, helm of brilliance and Mjollnir! So I'm taking my time trying to avoid a careless death with this dude. I'd be a little happier if I had more food. I hate to think that I'll have to blow the atheist behavior by praying for food.

The priest has gotten very interesting. Found the bag of holding sokoban, so the next thing I did was wish for an amulet of reflection. Oh, and three scrolls of genocide. Goodbye L's, ;'s and h's. Went to the mines and got the luckstone. Went down, found the quest portal, too low a level. Then the game got interesting... I just found the bones file of a wizard, which included the Eye of (whatever wizard eyes are). That means I can level teleport and I get megaregeneration on spell points. The wizard had sliver dragon scale mail, so give up the amulet of reflection for the Eye. The hard part here will be sorting through all the goodies.

The Valkyrie has finished off the quest, so now has the orb. I need to get to the castle next I guess. No Mjollnir yet. The valkyrie is looking like the tougher road at this point...

Well crap. So I wanted Mjollnir very bad, but hadn't found an altar. Hey, there's an altar, I'll sacrifice the first thing I see on it. How about a unicorn that has the same alignment as the altar. D'oh. Killed by the Wrath of Odin. 200+ hitpoints in one shot. "You are fried to a crisp." Learning something new after 20-some-odd years. Never fight gods!!!

Christ, lost the priest too. Was cruising down between Medusa and the Castle, and since I had the Eye I was casting spells left and right. Uh oh, here comes a Jabberwock. Not problem, cast a cone-of-cold at him. Well, that pushed me into fainting and I died. Left a nice bones pile though.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?